About this Policy
This policy sets out how myauto.com.au (myauto.com.au) collects, uses and discloses your personal information.
By accessing or using myauto.com.au services, including the myauto.com.au Network you agree to the use and disclosure of your personal information in the manner described in this policy.
myauto.com.au and privacy
myauto.com.au is bound by the Privacy Act (1988).
What personal information is collected
myauto.com.au collects personal information that it considers necessary for it, or its related bodies corporate to provide the range of services they offer.
Personal information collected by myauto.com.au may include:
How is personal information collected
- your name, address and contact details
- bank account and credit account details
- user ID's and passwords
- the services provided to you
- records of communications with myauto.com.au including records using Communications Services
myauto.com.au collects personal information in a number of ways, including:
How is personal information used
- directly from you when you provide information directly to myauto.com.au in person, by phone or in writing (whether electronic or otherwise)
- directly from you when you communicate with myauto.com.au or any other person using myauto.com.au Communications Services
- from third parties such as:
- myauto.com.au related companies; resellers of myauto.com.au services and service providers to myauto.com.au
- operators of linked or served web sites, applications and advertising on the myauto.com.au network
- from organisations identified or described under the heading "How is personal information disclosed"
Your personal Information may used for the following purposes:
How is personal information disclosed
- to provide the services requested by you
- to manage those services including, customer service and billing
- to research, develop and improve myauto.com.au services
- to conduct surveys to determine use and satisfaction with myauto.com.au services
- to generate statistics in relation to the myauto.com.au Network
- to promote and market special offers and other services to you
- If you do not want to receive these please let us know by clicking on the "contact us" link at the bottom of this page and advising us that you would like to "opt out". In addition, if we email you we will include a way for you to "opt out" of receiving further emails.
- for purposes connected with the operation of the myauto.com.au Network
myauto.com.au may disclose personal information to individuals and organisations other than myauto.com.au. The organisations to which we may disclose personal information include:
How to access your personal information
- myauto.com.au staff and myauto.com.au
- the public if you advertise with myauto.com.au or use publicly available Communications Services
- individuals and organisations that advertise with myauto.com.au if you submit an enquiry with myauto.com.au. Depending on your enquiry these may include:
- private advertisers
- licensed car dealers
- car brokers
- operators of Linked Sites
- financial service providers
- insurance service providers
- vehicle inspection service providers
- If you do not want myauto.com.au to disclose your personal information to these individuals and organisations do not submit enquires
- outsourced service providers who assist myauto.com.au to provide its services including:
- information technology providers
- marketing and market research advisers
- resellers of myauto.com.au services
- organisations involved in a sale/transfer of myauto.com.au assets, business or shares
- government and regulatory authorities as required by law
You generally have a right to access your personal Information. If you wish to access your personal information please Click here or on the "contact us" link at the bottom of this page. Please remember to provide as much detail as you can as this will help us to find the information. There is no charge for this service.
What if you don't provide personal information?
If you choose not to provide personal information when requested, myauto.com.au may not be able to provide you with the full range of myauto.com.au services.
myauto.com.au Network, Linked Sites and personal information
When you visit a website or use an application on the myauto.com.au Network, myauto.com.au records anonymous information such as IP address, time, date, referring URL, pages accessed and documents downloaded type of browser and operating system.
Cookies may be used by myauto.com.au to help myauto.com.au provide you with the full range of services it offers, remember your preferences, measure and analyse usage of the myauto.com.au Network and for security. You may adjust your Internet browser to disable cookies. If you cookies are disabled myauto.com.au may not be able to provide you with the full range of myauto.com.au services.
Cookies may collect and store your personal information. This policy applies to personal information collected via cookies.
We use third-party advertising companies to serve ads when you visit our website. These companies may use information (not including your name, address, email address or telephone number) about your visits to this and other websites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services of interest to you. If you would like more information about this practice and would like to know your options in relation to?not having this information used by these companies, click here.